Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
In the first quarter of this year, the number of Chinese tourists is already up 14.5%.
China is the fastest growing source of tourists in the world. And it is changing the way things are done.
1. Asian countries are being swamped by visitors from tourists with a very short history of going abroad.
2. Europe is being inundated with Chinese wanting to know if Marco Polo was telling the truth.
3. China’s three week long holidays is the travel season of choice.
4. Chinese are still very ill-mannered when traveling abroad.
5. Travel services are not able to accommodate a large number of travelers.
6. Only one embassy, Australia, accepts visa applications from visa credit card holders meaning it can still be quite difficult for Chinese to jump through all the hoops necessary to visit another country.
Australia figures Chinese money will spend just as well as any other.
So, why is the rest of the world still not eager to accept Chinese visitors?
If the United States were to permit Chinese tourists….what a boon that would be for the tourism industry here.
The first thing I’d do, get out of the Bay Area of San Francisco.