Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
On the wave of the Beijing 2008 Games, it seems that the city wants to be a host to more international championships.
1. Beijing wants an NBA game played in the city.
2. Beijing wants to host the World Swimming Championships in 2011
3. Beijing wants to host the World Cup in 2014.
There are reasons why China will NOT host the World Cup.
1. 87% of the people polled on a popular website think it can’t or perhaps don’t want it to be done.
2. One city cannot host the game – countries host it. 12 cities saw action in Germany this year. 10 cities saw action when Japan and South Korea hosted the Cup.
3. It won’t be Asia’s turn, yet. Asia in 2002, Europe in 2006, South Africa in 2010, South America in 2014, North America in 2018 and then Asia again – 2022.
4. China’s soccer team is no good. They were beaten in the first round in 2002 and failed to score a goal. Last year Bahrain sent them to the second round of qualification.
China won’t get the World Cup for another 16 years, and if not then, another 24 years after that.
Maybe by then, their team will be good enough.
What do you think?
More Posts about Business in China
More Posts about China