Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
American Express conducted a survey to learn what the wealthy in China are thinking.
Indeed the rich are different.
The wealthy in China are different than their parents.
Most noticeably, their parents weren’t rich. Still…
1. Wealthy Chinese want to enjoy their fortunes, NOW.
2. Wealthy Chinese don’t plan to leave their money to their kids.
3. Wealthy Chinese want to try something new and will spend money to try anything new.
4. Wealthy Chinese want something new that will help them increase their wealth.
5. Wealthy Chinese are very fashionable, fashion conscious.
6. Wealthy Chinese want world-class service.
7. Wealthy Chinese have some sense of their social responsibility.
In the next 5 years, there will be 4.2 million Chinese with assets of at least $300K compared to 2.2 million now.
By 2011, there will be 908 thousand millionaires in China compared to 467 thousand now.
How would your attitudes change or not change if you were rich?