Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural Japanese-American boys, now 34- and 30-years old. He and his wife are now raising a Chinese-American girl who is 8.
Everybody wants to know about Neel Kashkari. What they really want to know is what he plans to do with the $700 billion he has been put in charge of. For now – what we do know.
1. Kashkari‘s 35-years old. Just a young pup.
2. Kashkari was born in Stow, OH.* Stow is nowhere, located between Cleveland and Akron in Ohio’s Northeast.
3. Kashkari worked as the Treasury’s assistant secretary for international affairs.
4. Kashkari spent the last two years examining the consequences of an economic housing fallout.
5. Kashkari was one of the triumvirate “including general counsel Robert Hoyt and head of legislative affairs Kevin Fromer–who stayed up until 4 a.m.” working on the bailout/rescue bill.
6. Kashkari used to be a Goldman Sachs banker.
7. Paulson hand picked him from Goldman’s San Francisco technology banking effort to join the Treasury.
8. Kashkari got his B.A and M.A. in engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
9. Kashkari earned his M.B.A. at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
10. Kashkari worked on the James Webb Telescope, the replacementto Hubble.
11. Paulson is comfortable with Kashkari.
12. Kashkari and his wife, Minal live in California.
13. Kashkari is Indian-American.