Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
Russian President Vladimir Putin was named Time’s ‘Person of the Year.’
I wonder why no ‘Man of the Year.” And if it were a woman ‘Woman of the Year.’
Putin is 55-years old. A good age, indeed.
Time says –
1. He brought his country ‘roaring back to the table of world power.’
2. Poised to be Russia’s next prime minister after being president
3. led the country back to stability
4. defined the principles and ideas the free nation prize
5. dauntless persistence
6. sharp vision
7. he himself ’embodied the spirit of Mother Russia
He beat out Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, a Nobel Prize winner, “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling, Chinese President Hu Jintao and David Petraeus, the top U.S. commander in Iraq.
What was it they said about Henry Ford that also, I think, applies to Putin.
We can’t decide yet whether his impact is good or bad, but he sure has left things different than when he got there.
What do you think of this choice by Time?