Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
The Chinese Dream – land a well-paying job in a foreign company.
However, as might be expected…it’s not as glamorous as one might think.
20 Reasons to NOT work for a Foreign company in China
1. 90% of Chinese staff in a foreign company suffer from work-related illnesses
5. Lack of sleep
6. numbness in the shoulders
7. no time for physical exercise
8. working more than 10 hour days
9. returning home late at night
10. working over weekends
11. poor memory because of overtime work
12. mood swings
13. accelerated aging
14. career pressure
15. high competition from colleagues
16. lack of regular health checks
17. unhealthy lifestyle
18. drinking more
19. smoking more
20. skipping meals
The survey said that many of these problems are not peculiar to foreign firms but they are exasperated because there are so many people lined up wanting a chance to do your job to find out if they can handle it or not.
Are you sure you want to work for a foreign firm in China?