Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
Psalm 15 was a bit convicting to me this morning. I was looking to praise God and learned rather that I need do some spiritual housecleaning.
There are 15 characteristics of the person who would spend eternity in the God’s tent on the holy hill (my praise thought).
The individual must:
1. walk with integrity
2. do righteous work
3. speak the truth in his/her heart
4. not slander his neighbor
5. not blame a friend*
6. despise the morally corrupt
7. honor those who fear the Lord
8. keep his/her word even at risk of harm to themselves
9. not change
10. not charge interest
11. not bribe the innocent
12. not be shaken
* I have a friend who has been going through a particularly difficult struggle and I have been quite judgemental even holding him to blame for the outcome or lack of one in a certain area. Psalm 15 teaches me I should/must not be this way. It’s time for me to get back on track here.