Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
I hope nobody gets their underwear tied in a knot over this. I welcome any and all ‘Ways to know someone is an American/Japanese/Russian or any other Asian country. Let me have it …in good fun, mind you.
Here are 10 Ways to know someone is Chinese:
1. They unwrap Christmas gifts very carefully, so they can save and reuse the wrapping, especially the bows next year.
2. They save grocery bags, tin foil, tin containers, glass jars, disposable glad plastic containers.
3. They buy toilet paper only when it is on sale – even 100 rolls and store them in a closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
4. They always leave their shoes at the door. – My wife and I used to leave our shoes outside the door. One morning when I went to get mine they were gone!
5. Their stove is covered with aluminum foil.
6. Their kitchen has a sticky film of grease over it.
7. They have stuff in the freezer since the beginning of time.
8. They use the dishwasher as a dish rack.
9. They have never used their dishwasher.
10. They boil water and then put it in the refrigerator.
11. Their parents know how to launch nasal projectiles.
12. They pick their teeth at the dinner table (but cover their mouth).
13. They twirl their pen around their fingers.
14. They hate to waste food
15. They have Tupperware in their fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
16. They don’t own any real Tupperware–only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars.
17. Jam jars double as drinking glasses.
18. They eat red bean popsicles.
19. They have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that they take every time they stay in a hotel.
20. The condiments in their fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which they save/steal every time they get take out or go to McDonald’s.
Any additions or subtractions you’d like to make?