Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
150 in-depth interviews of CEOs, Communications Directors, corporate board members and other top officials at major companies throughout the US was conducted.
The following question was asked:
Where in China do you now conduct or plan to conduct business?
5. 10% said they were not sure….of where they plan to do business, I hope. Not, where they are doing business, though that might be the case as well.
4. 10% said Guangzhou is the place to be or go.
3. 15% said they were planning on or are working already in Hong Kong
2. 18% said the Olympic venue is the right place – Beijing
1. 27% said Shanghai…and the Shanghainese are eating it up….
What do you think?
These survey results were taken from a poll conducted by the Committee of 100.
The Committee of 100 is a national, nonpartisan organization composed of prominent American citizens of Chinese descent. The members of this group pool their resources to address important issues that concern the Chinese/American community but, Imho, more importantly, foster better US-Greater China relations.
Recently, this group asked the polling firm ZOGBY to conduct an extensive survey of American Attitudes Toward China.
They polled the General Population (General Public) as well as Chinese Americans. Business leaders, Opinion leaders and Congressional staffers, subsets of the general public were also polled.
In keeping with the Committee of 100 ideas, I hope it will create discussion and be used to better understand U.S.-China relations and help those concerned to formulate recommendations on how to improve relationships between these two great countries.