Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
My Gong Gong and Poh Poh are coming to see me.
They will be here in about 10 days. I love them very much. Daddy says that not everybody loves their grandmas and grandpas and mommies and daddies. I don’t understand why. Maybe I will ask on one of our morning walks.
It got me to thinking. How to other Asian people m & m gate (Ed. immigrate) to the US. Are there facts about authorized and unauthorized immigrants from Asia being here in the United States.
Here’s what I have learned so far.
1. More than half (55%) of immigrants from Asia come via family pizza (Ed. visa) program.
2. There are 1.8 million Asian families waiting to be reunited. I wonder if the Asians here in the United States ever considered going back to Asia? America is not the only place to get together again, right?
3. There are 1.3 million people from Asia here right now who don’t belong here. (12% of all unauthorized immigrants.
4. There’s a new law trying to get passed that will make it easier for families from Asia to reunite.
5. 73% of all voting Asian-Americans voted for Mr. Obama.
Hmm… Maybe more and more grandmas and grandpas and brothers and sisters will be coming to America.
I wonder, who’s going to pay for their education and health treatment, if they are little or old?
How did you get to America?
Me? I was born here.
Talk to Bill and others about their experiences raising bi-cultural Japanese-American kids.