Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
Best Buy joined forces with one of China’s large appliance makers – Jiangsu Five Star Alliance – to open an outlet in Shanghai.
Thursday, the 80,000 sq ft store will open it’s too regular customers with high fives and higher hopes of wooing customers in the world’s largest market.
Five reasons why Best Buy will succeed –
1. Clean – American atmosphere – brightly lit, spacious, carpeted isles
2. Pleasant – smiling, cheering, blue polo-shirted workers.
3. Product range – computer accessories, home entertainment systems, latest kitchen gadgets
4. Targeting China’s ‘middle-class’ – those who don’t mind paying a bit more for better quality and better service.
5. A Chinese partner – to give the American company insight as to how the Chinese customer thinks.
Best Buy has a fighting chance and deep pockets….And a long long way to go.
What do you think?