Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
China recently launched a new home-made jet fighter, the J-10.
When doing so, it called on one of its best pilots, 46-year old Li Zhonghua.
There are reasons for choosing the double-bachelor degree senior colonel.
1. He set six flying records in max flight speed, max dynamic ceiling, max overload value, max angle of attack, maximum instantaneous banking-turn angular speed and minimum flight speed.
2. He has flown 62 highly difficult home-made new-type fighters in five years.
3. He was the first to master the stall trailing vortex test flight skill of a home-made aircraft.
4. He was the first to fly the S-27 fighter among Chinese text pilots …perfomring a ‘cobra maneuver.’
5. He has test-flown 26 versions of theee different kinds of aircraft – fighters, bombers and transport planes – 2250 hours of accident free flights
6. He successfully avoided 15 mid-air dangerous situations and five major ones.
7. He has awards out the gazoo from the National Scientific and Technological Progress Award and the National AViation Industry Department.
So, if China has a new jet fighter – who they going to call?
Li Zhonghua is their best.
What do you think?