Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
I know a few things about Tata Motors.
1. Tata Motors is India’s largest car company.
2. Tata Motors has annual revenues of nearly $9 billion.
3. Tata Motors has 23,000 employees.
4. Tata Motors was established in 1945.
5. Tata Motors has rolled out more than 4 million vehicles since its first in 1954.
6. Tata Motors dealership, sales, services and spare parts network comprises over 3500 touch points.
7. Tata Motors has a strategic tie-up with Fiat since 2005.
8. Tata Motors was the first from India’s engineering sector to be listed on the NYSE.
9. Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand and Spain.
10. Tata Motors success largely is attributed to the success of India.
11. Tata Motors acquired the Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company of South Korea in 2004.
12. Tata Motors acquired 21% stake in Hispano Carrocera SA Aragonese bus manufacturing company and introduced high-end inter-city buses.
13. Tata Motors has a 51:49 joint venture with Brazil-based Marcopolo S.A. in bus body building. Them buses are strong!
14. Tata Motors Tata Ace is India’s first indigenously developed sub-one ton mini-truck. it was launched in May 2005.
15. Tata Motors along with Motor Development International of Luxembourg jointly developed the world’s first commercially-viable prototype of a compressed air car, named OneCAT.
16. Tata Motors reached an agreement with Ford to purchase their Jaguar and Land Rover operations for $2 billion in March 2008.
17. Tata Motors has operations in South Korea, Thailand, South Africa and Argentina and is planning to plants in Turkey, Indonesia, and Eastern Europe.
18. Tata Motors has a 50.3% holding in electric vehicle technology firm Miljø Grenland/Innovasjon of Norway
19. Tata Motors has electric versions of passenger car Tata Indica and commercial vehicle Tata Ace.
20. In January 2008, Tata Motors unveiled its People’s Car, the Tata Nano for $2500.