Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
China’s present day ‘opening up’ policy reminds me of Gorbachev’s glasnost in the 1980s.
Chinese Premier Wen Jianbao says China will “unswervingly follow the opening up policy.”
1. Socialism with distinctive Chinese features.
2. Free trade and opposition to protectionism.
3. Independent, gradual and controllable approach to improving yuan exchange.
4. Take product quality and food safety seriously.
5. Protecting intellectual property rights.
6. Jointly work with other countries to tackle climate change.
7. Protect the lawful rights and interests of foreign investors.
China will continue to open up.
Will free speech follow?
Does it matter?