Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
My daddy said he was told to not talk to strangers.
And don’t take candy from strangers.
And … well that was about it.
It’s not that way anymore. We now have digital warnings that we have to obey.
Here are some that I can think of.
1. Don’t make friends with people on Facebook that you don’t know.
2. Don’t chat with people you don’t know.
3. Don’t follow bad celebrities on Twitter.
4. Don’t visit web sites that might bring viruses to your computer.
5. Don’t drop your cell phone.
6. Don’t throw your iPad like it’s a Frisbee.
7. Don’t put pictures of you doing dumb stuff on Facebook.
8. Don’t do dumb stuff.
9. Don’t lie on Facebook. You will be found out.
1o. Don’t tell too much truth on Facebook. You will be found out.
(Wow, Facebook can be confusing.)
11. Don’t text people you don’t know.
12. Don’t tell people you don’t know where you are.
13. Don’t give away your credit card information online.
(That’s easy. I don’t even have a credit card.)
14. Don’t go to Vimeo or Dailymotion to watch videos.
15. Don’t watch too many Youtube videos.
16. Don’t film yourself doing stupid stuff and put it on Youtube, Vimeo or Dailymotion.
17. Don’t forget number 8.
18. Don’t watch too many movies on your cellphone, smartphone or tablet.
19. Don’t click on links to your email from people you don’t know.
20. Don’t go to forums and interact with people you don’t know.
21. Do go into your room and hug your baby Aurora doll and surround yourself with stuffed animals and never come out till this whole internet fad passes.
Did I miss something? I know I did.
Please add to the list in the comments and I will make the changes.
Check out this Kickstarter project that I really believe in. <= CLICK
Talk to Bill and others about their experiences raising bi-cultural Japanese-American kids.
Don’t pee with your cell phone in your back pocket.
Don’t say mean things about people on Facebook.
Don’t post pictures with daddy’s license plate in the background.