Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
China Daily says “abnormal weather tells us we must protect our environment and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.”
We take care of the environment because it is the right thing to do NOT because we are scared into it or lied to, or given outright false information.
The world is our home and we care for our home, we treat it with respect because it’s where we live and where our children will live and their children.
We do not fight global warming because it is futile to do so.
We do, however, conserve, recycle, treat our environment with respect, show honest stewardship of our planet and resources, and generally just plain don’t waste any more than we absolutely have to because we can, because it’s the right thing to do in every area of our life.
The World Health Organization (WHO) says:
1. Humans are seriously affected by climate change
2. climate change is a global threat
3. measures must be taken to combat it.
The UN says:
1. the average temperature of the world could rise by 6.3C by the end of this century.
2. an average rise of 3C could:
a. cause floods in Asia affecting 7 million. cause food shortages affecting more than 100 million
b. cause food shortages affecting more than 100 million
Therefore – Everyone must participate in the fight to safeguard the global environment.
I agree – Everyone must participate in the fight to safeguard our global environment but:
1. NOT because of human-caused global warming,
2. NOT because Global warming is harmful to the environment and
3. NOT because the climate models are predicting the end of the world as we know it.
For one – Humans Do not Cause Global Warming.
1. Over the past three thousand years, the average earth temps have been around 23C, the temps in 2006 were spot on the 3,000-year average…read more
2. The present glacier shortening began in 1800 and has not increased in intensity as a result of human hydro-carbons… read more.
3. Temperatures correlate to solar activity NOT to Hydrocarbon use… read more.
4. It’s not the humans who are causing the increase in temps. It’s just the way things are… read more.
5. Hydrocarbon use is uncorrelated with temperature… read more.
6. The Temperature rose for a century before significant hydrocarbon use.
7. The Temperature rose between 1910 and 1940, while hydrocarbon use was almost unchanged.
8. The Temperature then fell between 1940 and 1972, while hydrocarbon use rose by 330%.
9. The 150 to 200-year slopes of the sea level and glacier trends were unchanged by the very large increase in hydrocarbon use after 1940… read more.
10. Rainfall, tornados, and violent storms are NOT increasing… read more.
For two – Global Warming is Beneficial to the Environment
11. Modest warming would help crops, not hinder them… read more.
12. An increase in CO2 will make the world’s forests healthier and more robust, allowing them to support more wildlife… read more.
13. More moisture in the air results in more snowfall which, in turn, means more polar ice… read more.
14. There is little reason to expect tropical plagues to increase naturally… read more.
15. Terrifying claims have proven wrong. No acid rain, no cancer from pesticides and population explosion is expected to peak… read more.
16. Global warming chief proponent, Dr. Schneider, admitted “he is willing to misrepresent the facts if it will stir up the public over the “correct” causes.“ read more.
17. The ‘solution’ of expensive energy would reverse worldwide trends toward:
1. greater affluence, 2. decreasing birthrates, 3. better health… read more.
For three – Far-fetching Climate Predictions Cannot be Made
18. Models of climate change do not take into account all potential variables, including the sun’s influence… read more.
19. Global warming today is not as great as it was on two prior occasions.
In the early part of the second millennium, some 800-1000 years ago temperatures on the earth were higher than they are today… read more.
20. How about the sun’s energy output? By looking at tree rings, the sun’s energy output can be evaluated back as far as 10,000 years… read more.
21. The ups and downs of temperatures on the earth match exactly the ups and downs and changes in the magnetism and energy output of the sun… read more.
22. Nobody wants to hear that global warming is not caused by humans. It doesn’t sell… read more.
23. Most of the warming that occurred on the planet in this century occurred BEFORE the greenhouse gasses by human activities were added to the equation… read more.
24. Unset titled Science – Predictions of an acceleration of increased temperatures are exaggerated…. read more.
25. “… the fact that we stop emitting carbon dioxide will do nothing to change the course of the climate.” read more.
Fight Global Warming? Not me.
You might also be interested in:
600 Volunteers Strip Naked for Global Warming
Global Warming Cultists, Part 1
Talk to Bill and others about their experiences raising bi-cultural Japanese-American kids.