Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
In case you missed it, I wrote a book “By Cows Who Chew Lillies.”
My mommy and daddy, especially my mommy are interested in seeing me grow up and fun trains (Ed:function) in two call twos. (Ed: cultures). China and USA. Mommy wants to know what I should be able to do and by when. Daddy just says I will be fine. Cuz my brothers, Benjamin and Micah, are both able to function in two cultures. (Ed: she fixed them!!)
I am going to be 4 years old tomorrow (Jan. 27). So, I decided to look back on this past year to see what I learned.
In no particular order:
1. I can read almost 200 Chinese characters now. That’s because my mommy reads to me almost every night and is very pay tents (Ed: patient) with me to teach them to me.
2. I can watch DVDs in Japanese, too – Anpanman, Castle in the Sky, Totoro, and more….
3. I can sing Chinese songs.
4. I can talk to my Gong Gong and Poh Poh in Chinese on the Sky Pee (Ed: Skype).
5. I can learn the Bible in Chinese and in English.
6. My daddy reads to me in Japan – Tebukuro, Sanbiki no Yagi no Gara Gara Don, Ookii Na Kabu. A couple of these stories are trains lay downs (Ed: Translations) of stories that are originally in rushing. (Ed: Russian).
So, you see, I learned stuff this year. But what I really learned is that being X-posted (Ed: exposed) to different cultures is, like, well, really fun.
Stories and characters and new ideas and and and ….
My daddy and I are watching a program from England. They speak English there but it’s different. And did you know that dragons can talk?!! It’s so funny.
I can’t wait to be 4-years old.