Bill Belew has raised 2 bi-cultural kids, now 34 and 30. And he and his wife are now parenting a 3rd, Mia, who is 8.
The oldest business in the world will never be stopped. Controlled a bit, but not squelched. In fact, the harder it is for a ‘man to get what he wants’ the more he likes it….even in the sex industry.
Still, Japan is trying to clean up the Kabukicho Red-light district, stop paying protection money to the Yakuza and improve life for the citizens in the area.
The top ten changes – for good and for bad:
10. Asian foreigners (Chinese and Korean) are using more drugs in the area.
9. Young women are becoming more addicted and then forced to trade sex to feed their habit.
8. More Asian tourists have come to the area – good for business.
7. Real estate in the area has become cheaper.
6. Date clubs have sprouted up in place of brothels that were shut down by raids.
5. Hats! More frequenters are wearing hats to avoid the many security cameras that have been installed.
4. A building boom.
3. The presence of Yakuza members wanting protection money has gone.
2. Police tightening of parking laws.
1. More attention was given to host clubs by policemen.
0. Instead of whore houses….the establishments are switching emphasis to karaoke bars…sort of.
But, nobody has yet to change the color of the lights….they are still red.